Crosspoint Church Response to Covid-19
COVID 19 UPDATE:
Hello CrossPoint Church Family and Friends!
We find ourselves in a unique and challenging time as a nation. As you are aware, many precautions are being put in place across the nation to prevent the spread of the Coronavirus, COVID 19. This week at CrossPoint, we have gathered with our leadership team and have made some decisions about our worship services and church activities in light of the virus response across the nation. In an effort to comply with city requirements and do our part to help slow the spread of COVID 19, for the next two weeks, our Sunday morning worship will shift to an online format.
After two weeks, the leadership team will meet to reassess and make a decision about future services based on the recommendation of city and health professionals.
What does this mean? Church is NOT cancelled! We are merely changing locations. In Romans 16:5, Paul sends a greeting to 2 early leaders in the church, Priscilla and Aquila. He says this: Greet also the church that meets at their house. Church is not cancelled, the church is not a building, it is each and every one of us who make up the body of Christ. This is an opportunity to have church in your home!
This is a chance to gather with your family, maybe even with a few friends (within the confines of what is acceptable based on the current climate) and worship in an intimate setting. Many of you may be wondering, so how will this work? Here is what CrossPoint will do to ensure you have all the tools you need to continue to worship at home:
1. We will be hosting service online on Sundays at 9 and 11am. The services can be found at the following online locations:
a. Through Facebook: You do not need a facebook profile to view the service, however, if you have a profile, you will be able to comment, like, and interact with the staff, elders, and other members as the service streams.
b. Through YouTube
c. The Sunday service will also be available on our church website: www.crosspointelpaso.com/media
2. Throughout the coming weeks, we will be posting videos, sending out emails, and finding new and creative ways to keep our church body connected. Our children’s ministry and youth ministry will be creating online content for families to view and use as they worship together at home.
3. The church staff will remain available during the week to assist with questions and concerns over the new format and we will be more than happy to walk anyone through the process of finding the services and weekly content online. (To ensure the health of the congregation and staff, please call first. Church Phone: 915-857-7492)
4. Care Groups will meet at their own discretion, however, meetings at the church must consist of 10 or less people.
5. At this time, the Worship Center is going to be closed to save on utility costs. Any meetings should be held in the Activities Center. Call the church if you need access after-hours.
6. In addition to online content, you can continue to interact with the church in the following ways:
a. To give online, visit www.crosspointelpaso.com/give
b. You can also drop off or mail tithe checks/cash to 11995 Montwood Dr. El Paso, TX, 79936
c. You can also download the Give+ mobile app, and give to the church through that avenue.
d. You can submit Prayer Requests online at www.crosspointelpaso.com/pray
e. You can submit Connect Cards online at www.crosspointelpaso.com/connect
Please know that CrossPoint Church staff will be doing everything possible to ensure we provide services and worship content in every avenue possible.
However, please also know that these are difficult financial times for our nation, our community, and our church. Regardless of the situation in the world, the church will still have financial obligations to meet. We will make cuts in every area possible.
We know this may be a difficult time for you and your family financially, but we are asking, that you remember Malachi 3:10: “Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this,” says the Lord Almighty, “and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that there will not be room enough to store it.” Together, let us trust in our Father in Heaven to provide for our needs.
We recognize that these are challenging times for our church, our nation, and our world. While we may need to practice a level of social distancing, this is not the time to separate ourselves completely from our church family, and more importantly, from our Father in Heaven.
Thankfully, God has provided exciting ways, through technology, for us to remain connected as a church family in these challenging circumstances. We look forward to worshipping with you online this Sunday!
In Christ’s Love,
Your Church Leadership Team and Staff
The media is inundated with daily updates and its impossible to read, absorb and respond to every news report, tweet, or latest rumor. We're following a reliable list of information for educational, planning, and management purposes.
CDC on COVID-19: The US Center for Disease Control's up-to-date resources on coronavirus.
Managing Anxiety Around Coronavirus Coverage: The American Psychological Association created this resource to help manage anxiety around coverage of COVID-19.
Addressing Mental Health Issues: This resource from the Mental Health and Psychosocial Support Network provides guidelines for addressing mental health issues that may arise, and offers advice for messaging, including among children, older adults, people with disabilities, and those in quarantine.